Buy Now with Best Price
Managing Human Resources (11th Edition) explains how successful companies manage human resources in order to compete effectively in a dynamic, global environment. Long known and respected as a tightly integrated, clear, higher-level text, Managing Human Resources (11th Edition) presents strong organizing themes: teams, diversity, global issues, corporate social responsibility/ethics/sustainability, and metrics/analytics. These themes are highlighted in interesting boxed features throughout the 11th edition. The text also follows an organizational structure that emphasizes the HR Triad (employee, line manager, HR manager) with the understanding that effective human resource management requires mutual understanding and collaboration among HR professionals, managers, and all other employees. New to the 11th edition is an emphasis on preparation for the PHR/SPHR certification exam. Because organizations differ from each other in so many ways--including their locations, competitive strategies, products and services, and corporate cultures--these experienced authors use many different companies to illustrate how employers address the challenge of managing human resources effectively. This new edition includes examples of companies in many different industries, sizes, and countries. The authors selected these organizations because they successfully combine a respect for established principles of human resource management with a willingness to experiment and try new approaches, allowing them to succeed year after year.
About This Edition
- Managing Human Resources has always had a strong emphasis on ethics, but this construct has been expanded in the 11th edition to address all facets of Corporate Social Responsibility: Ethics, Sustainability, and Environmental Issues. Numerous boxed features and other examples will support this new emphasis.
- One of the five themes of the text, Metrics, has now been broadened to include Analytics, giving users the ability to measure how effectively HR policies are functioning. Users will find additional material in the Metrics and Analytics boxed features and woven throughout the text.
- Many new and updated cases and examples reflect the very latest, most critical issues in HR. Among these issues are the recent economic crisis, BP's response to the Gulf oil spill, the controversy surrounding executive pay and bonuses, new legislation, and new technologies being used in the HR process. In addition, at least one new Current Issue, found in the final section of each chapter, has been updated or revised with new material.
- In this age of ever-increasing globalization, the 11th edition includes more examples of HR issues pertaining to multinational and international businesses.
- In response to users' requests, the 11th edition also features a new focus on preparation for the PHR/SPHR certification exam. The sequence of the chapters has been adjusted and the chapters have then been organized into parts to correlate with the exam, and the authors have added new material to many chapters that will help users prepare for this certification process.
- A section called Current Issues appears in every chapter (similar to the Human Resources Triad), addressing two current issues pertinent to that chapter's topic.
- Five key themes are emphasized throughout the text: Teams, Diversity, Global Issues, Corporate Social Responsibility/Ethics/Sustainability, and Metrics/Analytics. These themes are integrated throughout the chapters where appropriate to emphasize their importance as they relate to chapter material. The themes are reinforced through boxed features.
- Fast Facts appear in the margins to offer tidbits of information that are interesting and sometimes surprising, giving students access to important human resources information while increasing their interest in each chapter's content. Quotes illustrate the perspectives of real managers and human resources professionals, offering personal insight into the human resources field.
- Integrative Cases and Projects to Extend Learning encourage users to apply what they've learned from the previous chapters' integrative cases and Internet research.
- The 11th edition's emphasis on the global/international aspects of human resource management reflects the current trend of globalization in today's business environment.
- The book has been updated with new cases at the end of the chapters as well as additional examples scattered throughout the book. This gives users an opportunity to apply their knowledge and makes the information more relevant.
- Exciting topic coverage addresses the most critical issues in HR today: outsourcing and off-shoring; wage levels in different countries; new technologies; the recent economic crisis; ethics and social responsibility; and how to measure the effectiveness of human resources practices. Users will benefit by learning the most salient concerns in the field of human resources management.
- The Human Resource Triad feature describes the different roles of HR professionals, managers, and employees, and how they affect the design and implementation of HR practices.
Used Book in Good Condition